Saturday, July 27, 2013

Some Updates......

My last post was at 20 weeks. I'm now 28 1/2 weeks (half weeks count, right?). So let's share some of the things that have happened in the past 8 weeks after finding out it's a boy....

At 22 weeks I was finally 'certain' that I could feel kicks. In fact, so certain that even Chris could feel them. And it was Father's Day. Kinda cool.

Also around 22 weeks..... I became 'obviously' pregnant. To the point where people started asking if I was pregnant.....and everyone knows you don't ask...unless you are certain. I still have the urge to tell someone "pregnant? no...." just to see their reaction. But I'm too excited to tell them I am!

At 25 weeks I finally hung up my non-maternity clothes and went on the hunt for jeans that would work for the next 3 months. It started with a bit of devastation when I ripped one of my last two pairs of 'fat jeans' that I was still wearing. It was definitely a sign from the pregnancy Gods.

At 26 weeks came the angry frustration of..... all maternity pants are actually SHORTER than normal pants. Not good for this 5'10" girl. So I started looking online and found a pair of Long Maternity pants from Motherhood to try. Unforutnately....I ordered Medium, and they were too small. Back to the post office I went. A few days later I got an email that they were sold out of large. AWESOME.

At 27 weeks (and I must say the two weeks between when I should be wearing maternity and now.....were mentally and phsycially challenging. I didn't want to go to work and even seriously considered wearing my Yoga pants) my awesome Mother in Law and awesome sister took me shopping. FINALLY some success! I found one pair of Large Long Motherhood pants at Macys. $40. I wasn't going to complain on price....they fit. Two days later..... Valerie aka 'the deal shoopper' took me to Gap. We hit the jackpot. Two pairs of 10 Long maternity pants were WAITING for us on the clearance rack for $11.99.

So the first question everyone asks me is 'how are you feeling'. Which I always respond GREAT! it's true....it really is. But honestly....even if it wasn't.... I'd still say it. No one REALLY wants to hear about the bad parts of pregnancy. Unless you're my mom, sister or best friend. Thats about it.

This week, Tracy and I finally got together to create my registry at Babies R Us. I wish I planned that for a weekend, not a Friday night after work. 2.5 hours in there turns your brain and body to mush. Maybe I should have eaten dinner first. But at least it's done :)

I guess thats enough updates for now...... I'll share a photo of the SWEET Nursery things that my mom got for me! Frogs and Turtles here we come!!




No comments:

Post a Comment