Well I can't believe that 2013 is almost over. Just a few hours left and we'll be onto the next exciting year. We had a very nice Christmas and saw a lot of our family. Some of the extended family got to meet Jacob for the first time and we spent lots of time with both sets of Grandparents. I wish I got a few more photos during Christmas, but I was more focused on being a Momma than being a photographer this year :) We are very excited to see all that 2014 will bring including two new cousins and I'm sure countless memories and firsts for Jacob!
Thank you to all of our friends and family that made this Christmas so special. It was really nice to have a weekend with Grammy and Grampa at the lake and see all of the George family at Corinne and Bill's house. We also loved having Grammy Sue and Grumpa come to our house on Christmas eve and spend the night. Having Aunt Kim, Ma and Maureen over on Christmas day was very special for us too.
At Jacob's 2 month appointment last week, he was 10lbs and 9oz and 22 3/4" long. He is growing right on track! Keeping with the 25th percentile on weight and 50th percentile on length. He's a long skinny baby :)
Jacob and I went to a Mommy and Baby fitness class in Portland just before Christmas. It was a great class and I wish it was a little closer, or I'd go all the time! There is also a Mommy and Baby Yoga class there....although I prefer fitness (cardio and strenth) to yoga. We have been meeting up with other babies from time to time including my friend Sheanna who had her boy, Jude, the day before Jacob. I am also in the process of setting up a "volleyball mommies from 2013" meet up for all of the girls I have played volleyball with that had children over the past year. There are 7 of us! Very crazy. Jacob will get plenty of social time, and so will Mommy :)
I'm usually sad to see Christmas go, but this year I'm just glad to get back to focusing on being Mommy and not worry too much about presents and wrapping and preparing food and cleaning my house for guests. It was fun, and very special but the best part of all was having Jacob here!
No comments:
Post a Comment