Thursday, January 16, 2014

Still working on it....

Ok I have decided to devote this whole post to our current "challenge". I mentioned it in the last post....but we are still trying to transition Jacob from his bassinet to the crib. I feel bad for him, he's definitely too big for the bassinet. His legs cannot stretch out in them. And when he pushes on the bottom, he can smoosh his head into the top. It's still the place where he gets the most sleep so it obviously isn't bothering him too much, but it bothers me. :)




So initially I just put him in the crib. And of course... that might have lasted 5 minutes. 

My second attempt was to put a blanket on him (maybe he's cold??) and tuck it underneath him to snuggle him in. No go. 

The third idea came from Grammy. She suggested putting some pillows in the crib next to him so he feels nestled in like in the bassinet. She suggested pulling them out once he was asleep since the current recommendation is to put NOTHING in the crib with your child. I'm not worried about pillows. He has great head movement, and that plan was only for nap time when I can check on him frequently.  This worked on the first try. But hasn't worked since :( 

So Onto something else... next I tried the little infant insert in the bassinet. I took it out and laid him on it in the crib. Thinking maybe the smell, texture or anything really, would help. Again, it worked once, but then not for the next 3 or 4 tries. 

The latest thing... and the one that seems to be working best so far (like 80% of the time... until now because I'm sure I jinxed it) is to put the changing pad in his crib and sleep on that. He loves being changed and laying on that pad has always been a positive and happy experience for him, so I figured I would try it. For the most part, it's working. I also decided to start chanigng him on the pad in the crib too, just to show that the crib can be a 'happy' place. 

Wish me luck.... we're not out of the woods yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment