

Jacob and I have really started to get into a nice routine during the week. I have learned that Jacob gets SUPER bored when he has to hang out with me and only me all day. So we try to get out of the house as much as we can, especially now that it is *almost* feeling like spring. On Monday's we either go to a Mommy/Baby workout class or an Eat/Sleep/Nurse support group. On Tuesdays we try to meet up with friends for a walk or a jog/walk. Wednesdays we usually spend at home doing laundry and cleaning the house. Thursdays we try to get out for another walk and recently discovered a story time at the Lewiston and Auburn Library. We went today and Jacob had a BLAST. It was actually singing/story time, which Jacob already loves music so this was right up his alley. Then Fridays is our (ok MY) favorite day of the week. We do Baby/Mommy yoga and then find a local cupcake to taste and sometimes meet up with Tracy at work after that :)
So what has happened in the last three months, you ask? Wow...what hasn't happened. in February Jacob went through a BIG sleep regression. It lasted all.month.long. He was getting up between every 45 minutes and 2 hours. All night. Every night. Chris was convinced he woke up just to make sure his feet were still there.
He has learned so much between the 3 and 4 month mark. Playing with his hands, licking/sucking on his fingers/thumb/hands. Grabbing his feet/sucking on his toes. Grabbing and playing with toys. Chewing on toys. Chewing on everything, including me! Drooling on everything. Rolling over, and over, and over. He loves it. Starting to sit with support. He is absolutely in love with Lexie. he watches her all the time and giggles when she makes any sudden moves or noises. Especially when she rolls on her back on the floor or barks.
He is so strong now, holding up his head, pushing on his arms during tummy time, trying to stand on his feet. He looks like he wants to crawl too. I think he's at that point where his mind wants to just go-go-go but his body isn't quite coordinated enough to keep up yet. :) He sits in his high chair during dinner and tried bananas this week! It's the only solid he has had so far but I think we'll try applesauce or pears next.
And of course our vacation! Jacob went on an airplane for his first time! He did GREAT! His ears didn't bother him one bit. I think he did get a little bored, but nothing a trip to the bathroom to 'find the baby' in the mirror couldn't fix. :) We went to Florida to stay with my parents for 2.5 weeks! (thanks snow for canceling my flight home). I'll put up a post next week dedicated to Florida since I have lots of cute photos to share.
So... that's what we have been up to. April is my last month of this baby vacation. I'm equally sad and excited to go back to work and so glad it's only 3 days/week. After seeing Jacob watch some of the bigger kids (1-2 year olds) at story time, I know he's going to LOVE the kiddo's at his daycare. Oh...yes, we put our deposit down on a GREAT local home daycare. 6 kids, 2 adults and LOTS of outdoor play. I'm very excited for Jacob to go there.
Sooo fabulous to read about all these great experiences! Sounds like you have all been doing great! Love, Corinne
ReplyDelete