Sunday, September 15, 2013

Who wants a nursery peek???


I'm so excited that the nursery is coming along. I am starting to feel that it looks like a nursery. There are two major pieces that we are still waiting on. Today we are going recliner shopping. I am not sure if we'll come home with one, just browse to see what is out there or put an order in, but we'll see how the day goes. 


The other item, is getting the crib in. That is on order, and has been for 5 weeks. The estimated delivery is middle of October. So we have about a month left for that. Good thing I am totally in love with the crib and it will be worth the wait. 

Pretty soon it'll be time to focus on the fun stuff that is non-essential but exciting and crafty.  Things like decorating the walls, buying some fabric to try out some pillows and anything else I find on Pinterest between now and when the little bundle arrives!

One of my favorite necessity items is our changing table. I love the color, love the style, the height is perfect for me (a little bit taller than average) and the best part is that it is reversible! It's already full of clothes, diapers, wipes and blankets for baby to use. I'm sure I'll spend plenty of time standing in front of this piece of furniture day and night!  


I also added a little set of storage drawers. It's the color that really drew me to it, but I think it'll be nice for baby wipes/diapers or toys. Another option would be the next size up clothes. I'll figure it out as we go, but for now it's empty and waiting for it's purpose. But doesn't it look cute with that turtle on top from my cousin, Lindsay?!?

And I just have to share this adorable quilt that my co-worker Lynn made. It's four bandana's on the front, four on the back that she sewed together, added some batting and voila adorable baby quilt! She didn't even know my nursery colors but it matches great! I love that the nursery isn't super matching but has a similar color scheme througout. Right now the blanket is sitting on the back of our lawn chair....it's a placeholder under we get the recliner I mentioned earlier :)

And last but not least might be one of my favorite gifts so far. Yes, it was on my registry but I didn't realize someone purchased it for us. It's Baby R's Halloween costume! I just fell in love with this when we were in Babies R Us a few months ago and yesterday this showed up on my doorstep from our co-workers Abby and Matthew. he's going to be such a cute little pumpkin!

So now I'm 35.5 weeks. WOW does time fly! I've been feeling well overall (knock on wood), but I'm definitely feeling like I'm in my 3rd trimester. I'm lucky that I'm not huge, still have good energy and no swelling; however I am tired. Mostly because I'm waking up 2-3 times a night. Once or twice to go pee and another once or twice due to baby kicks leaps and general discomfort. 

There are only two other things I can complain about. First is I feel like I have a strained glute muscle. Usually I feel it on the right side, but sometimes on the left, sometimes both at the same time. I've been doing my Yoga Mama DVD which seems to help stretch it out. It's not a strong pain, but I feel it. The second 'complaint' (because I feel like all pregnant women have to complain about SOMETHING) is I feel some soreness in my pelvic bone. It pretty much feels like saddle sores, when you go for the first long bike ride of the season. It's uncomfortable but not a strong pain. 


Ok, so I got my pregnant pains out.... I'm pretty sure my list is minimal for being into my NINTH month of pregnancy! I consider myself very lucky compared to the several other women I know who are/were due in September and October. I've got it made. 

35w3d



1 comment:

  1. Looks like things are coming along nicely! Can't wait to see it in person and to snuggle with that little nugget that you are incubating!

    Love the set of drawers! Perfect! I also love the bandana quilt idea!

    Your complaints are not really complaints honey! They are pregnancy symptoms!

    I love you! You are going to be a great Mom!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete