Tomorrow marks 7 weeks since Jacob was born. Wow does time fly. Right now I am feeling extremely thankful that I work for a company that allows me to take six months to focus on nothing more than being a Mother and will hold my job until I return. Of course I'm not getting paid for it all (about half) but I'm very fortunate to have the opportunity.Jacob has been sleeping a little more at night, but not every night. He usually goes to sleep around 9:30 or 10pm and wakes up again anywhere between midnight and 2am. One night he slept until 3:30! However once he has his "long" sleep it's typically only 2 hour blocks from there on out. So if he's up at midnight, it's a three-feeding-night. But if he makes it to 3am, then we're only getting up twice that night. And that has happened about 3 times in the past month. Overall I think he's sleeping well at night. I think we'll keep him :)
As many people know, I was convinced Jacob would be at least 8lbs, if not 9lbs. Especially since I went a week over my due date and the smallest baby in the George family was 8lbs. I was so convinced, I didn't think he'd ever fit into newborn clothes. I bought a size 6 month fleece winter suit, assuming it would be just the right size. Well.... Jacob had other plans when he was born at 6lbs 12oz. He might be around 9lbs now and he's just shy of 2 months old :) The reason I bring this up, is that his Halloween outfit was size 3 months. There was NO way it would even remotely fit on Halloween (a week after he was born). So I finally put it on him. And it's still too big, but much closer to fitting.
Jacob has been going Christmas shopping with Mommy too. He's been a little angel. Fortunately he loves riding in the car (this picture was from the day home from the hospital) and he usually is asleep while in the store. He has been to Cabela's, Bed Bath and Beyond, WalMart, Kohls, Home Depot, Craft Mania, JoAnne's Fabrics and Big Lots. I think that's about it. He has also been to the farm 4 (maybe 5?) times. Most recently for Aunt Kim's birthday dinner while Daddy sent Mommy to get a manicure and massage with two of her friends. That was her "push present" from Daddy. On Christmas Day Jacob will be 2 months old! Christmas is so much more exciting with a Baby around, even if he can't interact very much and won't remember it. It just makes it so much more special. I'm sure each Christmas to come will get more and more special.
What a cute smile Jacob has! Great photos.
ReplyDeletethanks Suzanne for the update. Children are so special...make lots of memories...you will always have them
ReplyDeletechildren are very special. You will have many times like the first smile to enjoy....lots of wonderful memories to share and enjoy...love you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics... Sooo sweet! Enjoy all the newborn moments!
ReplyDelete